Hiring: Marketing Communications Intern
Where: Rev: Ithaca Startup Works (downtown Ithaca incubator)
When: Start immediately, 10-15 hours per week. Could lead to a full-time summer job.
Passionate about your Twitter feed?
A master at creating killer graphics for Insta?
Love thinking creatively about communication strategies?
Cornell’s Center for Regional Economic Advancement (CREA), based out of Rev: Ithaca Startup Works, is looking for a marketing communications assistant to help us in our mission to empower entrepreneurs and help grow businesses in the Southern Tier of NY.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Help create content (blog posts, social media, photography, etc) for multiple entrepreneurship programs
- Assist with creation print materials for events and event promotion
- Produce slide or infographics for presentations
- Manage a social media calendar
- Attend networking events and capture content
Perks of the job include:
- Meet entrepreneurs, investors, and government officials from across Upstate NY
- Thrive in a challenging, dynamic work environment with increasing freedom for responsible workers
- Create compelling, unique portfolio pieces
- Enjoy a modern, hip office space with friendly dogs, catered events once a month, and lots of fun
- Student majoring in communications, marketing, graphic design, or a related field
- Must have professional attention to detail, accuracy, organization, and execution
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where change is common; capable of setting priorities under pressure
- Must have an ability to work and collaborate with others under little supervision while demonstrating a positive, purpose-oriented work ethic
- Preference given to those who have previous work experience and are familiar with Creative Cloud, Slack, Airtable, MailChimp, WordPress, and various social media channels.